Name: Nicola Scheyhing
Martial status: married
May - Nov 2020 Research associate Project "UNESCO - Memory of the World: Contextualized Experience
of the Skydisc of Nebra. Treasures of humanity in the tradeoff between archaeological
sites and digital world." of the State Museum of Prehistory Halle,
Since January 2019 Freelancing Travel guide/accompanying representative for Globetrotter Travels Hamburg, Neubauer/Vagabung Travels Flensburg, Via dell´Arte Travels Bonn.
Vagabund Reisen Flensburg/Hamburg, sowie ViadellArte Kunst- und Kulturführungen Bonn.
Since Dec. 2014 Freelancing as Archaeologist and Science communicator
- Digitalization of draft documentation for the publication of the scientific results of the excavation of the ring ditched enclosure of Pömmelte-Zackmünde for the Department of Antiquities Saxony-Anhalt (May 2015, Reference: Manuela Schwarz)
- Adventure pedagogic experience assistant für Schlüssel:Erlebnisste, Martin Klitsche, Halle (div. in 2015)
- Freelancing cooperation to Museum education and visitor service Team Museum Monrepos, Neuwied (6 weeks, 2017, Reference: Dr. Frank Moseler)
- Compilation of the catalogue of the prehistoric terracottae of Tell Halaf in Syria for the Vorderasiatische Museum Berlin / Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (May 2016 - Oct. 2018, Reference: Dr. Lutz Martin)
- Freelancing cooperation with Museums education and visitor service team City Museum Halle (since Sept. 2018, Reference: Gero Sievers)
Since May 2014 Freelancing cooperation for Museum education and visitor service team of the State Museum for Prehistory Saxony-Anhalt, Halle (Reference: Monika Bode)
May - Dec 2016 Teaching position 50% for German as a second language, Supervisory School Authority Saxony-Anhalt
May 2012 - Apr. 2014 Scientific research assistant trainee for the special exhibition "3.300 B.C. - Mysterious deaths of the Stone Age and their world" at State Museum of Prehistory Saxony-Anhalt, Halle.
im Landesmuseum für Vorgeschichte in Halle.
July 2011 - May 2012 Employment as production helper, Fa. Burgaflex, Berglen-Steinach
June 2011 Employment as excavation staff, excavation "Neuenstadt", Department of Antiquities Baden-Württemberg, Esslingen (Reference: Dr. Klaus Kortüm)
Mar - May 2011 Employment as production helper, Fa. Burgaflex, Berglen-Steinach
Nov - Dec. 2010 Data recording Project "Bruchsal", Department of Antiquities Baden-Württemberg, Esslingen (Reference: Dr. Jonathan Scheschkewitz)
- Urheberrecht in der Museumspraxis – Rechte an Text und Bild (eintägig, 2013, Landesstelle für Museumswesen Sachsen)
- Professional Marketing (two days, 2018, Institution of Media Saxony-Anhalt)
- Start-up qualification (28 days, Nov 2017 - June 2018, Weinberg Campus Technology Park Halle)
- extra-occupational certification training QuaM, Theory and practice of games and playing as a possibility and method of museum educational concept of mediation (four modules a 17 hrs + colloquium in 2019, BA Wolfenbüttel)
Since Oct. 2019 PhD student, topic: Late Neolithic burial customs in Northern Mesopotamia", Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
an der Martin-Luther-Universität Halle- Wittenberg
Apr 2004 - Oct 2010 studies of Proto- and Prehistory, Near Eastern Archaeology and Comparative Religious Studies
at Eberhard-Karls-University Tübingen.
Magister Artium in Feb 2011
Titel der Abschlussarbeit: „Zu den archäologischen Interpretationsmöglichkeiten von Bethylen der Spätbronzezeit im ostmediterranen Raum. “
- excavation training Azé/France (14 days, 2004)
- Participation on survey and excavations in within the DFG focus project "Early processes of centralization and urbanization. On the genesis and development of early celtic princely sites and their territories" in the region of the Heuneburg (34 weeks in total in 2005 - 2007)
- Student assistant excavator in Tell Halaf/Syria as fieldwork area respronsible (35 weeks in total in 2007, 2008 and 2010)
- Excavation team member excavation "Hertmannsweiler-Anwanden" of the Department of Antiquities Baden-Württemberg (11 weeks in 2009)
Additionally, I was a student assistant of the library of the Department of Prehistory of the Institute for Proto- and Prehistory Eberhard-Karls-University Tübingen and data administrator of the Tell-Halaf-Project of the Berlin Museums between 2007 - 2009.
Education and job training
|Sep. 2000 - Jul. 2003||training as travel agent/tourism specialist at|
|nico tours GmbH, Stuttgart-Weilimdorf|
|1997 - 2000||Economy High school Backnang|
Gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift, Grundkenntnisse Spanisch, Italienisch, Arabisch, Türkisch.
Microsof Office (good), Citavi, ArchaeoCAD, QGis, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, data administration (filemaker and Access).
drivers licence Klasse B
Nicola Scheyhing MA.